Jonesville District Library

Loading palette preview

About Us

In January 1897, Mr. J.J. Deal presented the association a lot on Church St. to build our new library. A building committee was appointed consisting of the president, Miss Sarah Sinclair, Mrs. Ida Varnum, and Mrs. J.A. Sibbald. They started subscription papers and canvassed the town and surrounding county. On January 17, 1899 the 24th annual library meeting was held in the new building which, when completed cost $1339.75 and carried a debt of $155.00 which was paid by a memorial less than one year later. The book committee reported using $9.96 for purchase of books during the year, all other money raised went to the building fund. There were 86 patrons who had library cards. In 2015 the library has over 3500 library card patrons and serves over 30,000 patrons a year. Servicing Jonesville, Scipio and Fayette townships.